Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
"Owner" means Sound Empire (ABN - 30 152 059 742) this expression includes all of its successors.
"Hirer" is any person, business or company taking the owners equipment on hire and this expression includes the successors or personal representatives.
"Equipment" shall include any item on hire from the owners inventory which may include sound, lighting, staging, special effects or any attachments under the invoice/agreement.
a) Sound Empire reserves the right to decline or refuse service to a customer without explanation for some or all of their requested order.
b) All hirers must provide a valid Australian drivers licence or proof of identity card, and a current statement or utility bill before any equipment is taken from our premises or on the delivery of the equipment which proves your current residential address. All hirer's must be over the age of 18.
c) If you are hiring on behalf of a business, company or organisation you confirm that you have the necessary authority to enter this contract on behalf of that business, company or organisation and that you will indemnify us against all losses and expenses which may be incurred if this is not the case.
d) It is advised that hirers should check the compatibility of their own items to items hired from the owner. The owner accepts no responsibility for equipment that does not work in conjunction with that of the hirer.
e) A one day hire is classified as a maximum period of 24 hours. Any hire period over this time will incur additional charges.
a) The hirer's booking, whether oral or in writing for the requested equipment shall be constructed as an expressed acceptance of these terms and conditions of hire and shall prevail over all other conditions, including your order and the extent of any inconsistency.
b) Any variations to the contract shall be in writing and signed by management at Sound Empire.
4) COMMENCEMENT OF HIRE:
a) The owner shall supply the hired equipment according to the invoice/agreement and the period of hire will start when the equipment is picked up or on the delivery.
5) HIRERS LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY:
a) The hirer accepts full responsibility to the owner for any loss or damage of the equipment during the period of hire from whatever cause may arise and is fully responsible to the owner for the safekeeping of the equipment and will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the equipment is not damaged or misused during the period of hire and is returned in equal order to the owner at the end of the hire.
b) The hirer is responsible to ensure they have instructed the proper operation and safe use of all of the equipment to any third party or person operating the equipment during the period of hire.
c) The hirer shall reimburse the owner for all costs in connection with repairing, replacing or cleaning of the equipment not returned in good condition, equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair will be charged at the full retail cost.
d) The hirer must return the equipment in the same condition as it was received.
6) BOOKING PAYMENTS:
a) All bookings must be paid in full to be reserved for the hirers nominated event date unless agreed otherwise.
b) The hirer must make the payment in full before the equipment can be released from our premises or prior to the delivery.
c) If the equipment requested is unavailable and a suitable substitute cannot be recommended you will be contacted, and a credit note or refund will be issued equal to the value of the affected items or to the full value of the booking.
7) CANCELLATIONS/POSTPONEMENT, CREDITS AND REFUNDS:
Our Cancellation/Postponement, Credits & Refund Policy is strictly based on the time of the cancellation or postponement, all booking cancellations/postponements will incur a $50 processing fee. If a booking is cancelled/postponed,
a) within 7 days of the event date - no refund or credit will be issued.
b) within 7-14 days of the event date - an 80% credit note will be issued (less a $50 processing fee), 20% will be forfeited for the reservation of the items on the booking, strictly no refunds.
c) within 14-30 days of the event date - a 100% credit note will be issued (less a $50 processing fee)
d) outside of 30 days from the event date - a 100% credit or refund can be issued (less a $50 processing fee)
If a booking is cancelled on the day of the event or delivery as a result of the hirer not being able to satisfy or comply with the security procedure, bond or identification requirements, no refund or credit will be issued.
8) FORCE MAJEURE:
In the event of a Force Majeure, all bookings will stand in accordance with our above Cancellations/Postponement, Credits & Refunds policy, except 7(a) and 7(b) which will be classified as 7(c),
a) The hirer may postpone the booking until further notice, all processing fees will be waived, no expiry date will be set on the 'On Hold' booking.
b) The hirer may cancel the booking however all of the above Cancellation/Postponement, Credits & Refund policies will apply except point 7(a) and 7(b) which will be classified as 7(c) during this period only.
c) Strictly no refunds.
9) SECURITY BOND / CREDIT CARD:
a) The hirer agrees to provide the owner with their credit card details as part of our security bond procedure which will be used to cover incidents such as (but not limited to):
- Late return of the hire
- Equipment returned uncleanly
- Inability to pick up the hired equipment on the agreed day/time.
b) The hirer hereby authorises the owner to debit the hirer's credit card with the amount shown on the invoice/agreement if the hirer has not paid the amount shown on the relevant invoice.
c) The hirer agrees to pay any expenses incurred or loss suffered by the owner as a result of breaching this contract.
DELIVERY & COLLECTION TERMS:
1. There is a $100 minimum equipment hire spend to be entitled to our delivery and collection services.
2. All Flexible Deliveries & Collections must be booked 5 business days prior to the event date, if booked within 5 business days the flexible delivery and collection rate will have a 50% surcharge.
3. All deliveries and collections at the designated property and or location are made to and from the ground floor only, within 10m from the delivery vehicle, any stairs or hard to access places will be the customers responsibility to take/return the hired items beyond the ground floor unless we are notified prior to the delivery and or collection in writing and the appropriate labour is added to your booking.
4. If you require your hired equipment to be set up and or packed down this will be performed at the same time as the delivery/collection so please consider the most appropriate option when booking these services in.
5. Additional charges may apply for deliveries and collections:
- Involving heavy/large items or a large quantity of equipment
- To locations with limited parking, loading dock access or hard to get to places.
- To locations outside of our Delivery and Collection Zone
- To locations involving stairs or elevator access
- Requiring a Site Induction, Job Safety Analysis or a Safe Work Method Statement